Monday, May 08, 2006

Read our essay at Time.com on the Mexican Government

Immigration is a topic we all care about, but it's rare to actually read something that is different from what we've always heard. This creates an unusual news challenge -- we care about the issue, but we don't really like reading about the issue, because so little seems fresh.

Ashley and I tried to crack that puzzle, and I think we've hit on something that nobody else is saying. Our essay on the Mexican government is up at Time.com this week.

I hope to be doing more with Time in the coming months.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read your TIME article. I agree with virtually everything that you said. I, myself, am a legal immigrant who came to the U.S. when I was 14 with my mother and sister. My mother waited nearly ten years for our applications to be approved, and after she has spent her hard-earned Philippine pesos for legal fees. My mom died last April 3 at the age of 79, and I am very thankful for her for bringing me to America - a country that I love very much.

Now for something funny: http://www.criticalbeauty.com/SB_Trump_Mexico_Universe.html

6:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home